Even though shaving might seem like the most effective choice– it's fast, cheap, and it can be done anywhere- waxing is the best option in the long run. Here are some specific reasons why you should choose waxing as your primary hair removal method.
- Waxing removes dead skin cells
- Waxing not only removes hair, it also exfoliates your skin. When you pull out the wax from your skin, it takes away dead cells and leaves a brand-new layer of skin. This is why the body or face feels so smooth after waxing.
- Long-lasting results
- Shaving doesn't entirely remove hair, it just cuts off the hair shaft, which is only the visible part of the hair on the surface of the skin. But hairs are much longer than that; they grow from the hair follicle deep in your skin. That's the reason why after shaving, fuzz grows back so quickly. Waxing remove hairs from the root; therefore, it takes a lot longer for hairs to grow back and be visible on the surface of the skin – from three to four weeks, depending on the person.
- Hairs might cease to grow
- Waxing pulls hairs out from the root; this action weakens the hair follicles, so, hairs grow back, but are less strong. Overtime, if you wax on a regular basis, hairs might actually stop growing because the hair follicle is too damaged to work properly.
- Hairs grow back thinner
- Because waxing weakens the hair follicles, sometimes hairs start to grow much thinner, and they become easier to pull out – the procedure even gets less painful!
- Smoother outcome
- The final result after a waxing session is much smoother and attractive than any other kind of shaving method, especially because the hair is pulled out from the root.
- No more hyperpigmentation
Hyperpigmentation is a condition that develops when small areas of the skin become darker than the rest. These dark spots can appear on skin that has been shaved several times, depending on the person and his or her skin type. This will never happen with waxing.
Shaving might be the easiest way out, but it's certainly not the best. Hope to see you at Bow & Arrow soon! I’d also like to thank the Improper Bostonian for the honor of awarding us Boston’s Best Waxer. #bostonsbest