As a girl with dry skin, I am naturally drawn to oils as part of my skincare routine. What I’ve learned over the years is that oil can benefit ALL skin types – if you’re using the right one!
Introducing: Squalane oil.
Squalane is suitable for all skin types, from dry to sensitive to oily and acne-prone. It’s hydrating, anti-bacterial and anti-aging.
Here's what squalane can do for your skin:
· Moisturize: Squalane is an excellent moisturizer and leaves skin hydrated, plump and soft. The texture is light and non-greasy, and it absorbs into the skin fast.
· Eye and Lip Treatment: Dehydrated skin around the eyes will exaggerate the appearance of fine lines. Squalane fixes that right up. It also heals chapped lips better than most lip balms!
· Prevent Irritation: Unlike other moisturizers, squalane is clinically proven to be non-irritating, making it great for people with sensitive skin conditions. It's also completely odorless and colorless.
· Control Oil: Squalane can help regulate excess oil production.
· Soothe: Squalane can speed healing of cracked or chapped skin, and soothes eczema, dermatitis and psoriasis.
· Fight Bacteria: Squalane is a natural antibacterial agent.
· Protect from Oxidative Damage: Most importantly, squalane helps protect your skin from the free radicals that can cause age spots and premature aging. It may even help fade dark pigment over time.
I like to layer squalane on top of a hydrating mist and a serum, but underneath a heavier cream if I'm using one. I also use it as an eye and lip moisturizer. You could even mix it into your makeup for more hydration!
At Bow & Arrow we carry 100% Squalane olive oil by Jessa Skincare, which the company calls a “miracle oil.” You can use this oil from head to for all of your moisture needs!